26.9.09

Rainy day

It's raining. I love autumn rains. It's so cozy to cuddle up in front of the fireplace, drinking latte and reading a good book. Or listening to good music and knit, alone with my thoughts. I used to hate the quiet, even when alone TV or radio had to be switched on. But now - I don't know if I'm getting old or what :) - I like peace and quiet. I once heard it said that if you have to have loud voices and music around you all the time, you dread the quiet because then you have to look into your thoughts and to be face to face with yourself. That it's the mental equivalent of thrusting fingers into your ears and shouting: "La-la-la-la-la, I don't hear you, I don't hear you!" Maybe.

I love spring. I love summer. I even love winter a little. But in the autumn I feel "in place". The mood suits me. I don't know, maybe in my heart of hearts I am a melancholy person, although in real life I'm lively and talkative. But even in my creative work all good thoughts tend to come to me in the autumn. Beats me, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment