15.9.09

At home

Although autumn hasn't started yet we are already ill. Today Jum Jum* stayed home from school: he has a sore throat and quite an awful cough. Ah well. Hot tea with blackberry jam and/or honey and ginger is in order as well as woollen socks and eucalyptus oil fume plus a few other tricks I've learned over the years from my grandmother. They work really well.

Jum Jum is quite happy with this. He's drawing with window paints at the moment. I'm sure all our windows will soon be so decorated we can't see out - he's an Asperger and his interests come as big (sometimes quite smothering) waves and usually include much creativity.

And me - I can stitch. :) So there is no bad without good.
_________________________
* His real name is Sander (local derivation from Alexander), but we call him Jum Jum - from Astrid Lindgren's "Mio, my Mio"

No comments:

Post a Comment